Friday, November 14, 2008

Last week at Woodstock

Today I leave Woodstock! I'm not ready to be done in India yet, so maybe I will wander back this way in the future. But, for now at least, I am heading off.

It has been a crazy week tieing up loose ends, packing, and saying goodbyes. The farewell has been uplifting, though. Almost everyday this week we have done something special. Tuesday, a group of friends spent hours up at Char Dukan having a very greasy (but delicious) dinner with lots of overdue gossip. Thursday, Megan and I were treated to a fancy dinner at the Carlton by our host teachers. Friday, we had a party in our sculpture class that entailed parading around campus to take photos of the collaborative sculpture that we had just finished. And eating lots of cookies, of course. Then I met with my Activity Week ninth graders one last time and we celebrated with fake tears, group hugs, and one last riddle. In the evening, Christina hosted a bonfire farewell party which was perfect. Today, we are heading into the bazaar one last time and then leaving for Delhi this afternoon.


Fancy dinner with the host teachers.


The place was full of stuffed tigers...


Parading our sculpture. It's not meant to be a hat.

BUT, my travels are not over! I stay in India until Tuesday - mostly in Jaipur (capital of Rajasthan...yippee!) and a bit in Delhi. Late Tuesday night, I hop on a plane to Thailand to visit friends for 8 days in Chiang Mai. Then a ridiculously long day (more like two) of travel (4 flights...yuck) and I am home Nov 28.

No comments: