Friday, August 5, 2011

Home: Friends and Excursions

After the Bandarpunch Expedition, I quickly departed Mussoorie for a trip home. Photos of the main event - Al's wedding - coming soon. For now, a few snaps of some of the friends and places I squeezed into my short 2-week visit.

In lieu of attending her wedding (which was the same day as Al's), I attended Anna's bachelorette party in Decorah. We stayed at the Round House for the night. It was great to celebrate with her and to catch up with other WCB friends.

The real bride on the left.

The Round House

Road-trip buddy, Amy, and the bride before departing.
 Forgive us for looking horrible...we just woke up.


I was very happy to have Laura as a guest over the wedding weekend. Though a busy weekend, we managed to cram in time for margaritas, ice cream, thrift shopping, lots of cake eating, and even more talking.

Me, Laura, and Buddy after the wedding.
Obviously, this photo was my mother's idea.


After the wedding, my parents and I drove north for a mini-vacation. It was much too quick of a visit, but I got to see Grand Marais and spent some time up at Wilderness. My goals were to swim and paddle - both were accomplished with great enthusiasm.

Seagulls drifting in the storm winds - Grand Marais.

Anthropomorphic rock cairns had taken
over Artist's Point.

Clear skies over the Sawtooth Mountains.

Enjoying an evening on the shore.

Afternoon swimming and OSD time with Emma.

Sunrise paddle with Emma.


After the trip up north, I bummed in Minneapolis to catch up with some college friends. A wonderfully fun night with good people. And, we managed to run into nearly 20 other Oles that we graduated with. So much for feeling anonymous in Minneapolis.

Sarah!

Laura and Amy hiding their enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

I'm so glad you got to have some time at home! What a crazy busy summer you had!